Lead Manicurist: Deborah Lippmann
Date/Time: Friday, February 13th at 11am I Location: Center548 – 548 West 22nd Street
Inspiration: “The ever-stylish Kate Spade girl setting out on a gorgeous brisk walk destined for a cozy place set the tone for the collection this season. To capture the essence of this scenic beauty, I layered two shades to create a deep warm red that enhances the overall styling. It’s not too red and not too brown, but the perfect scintillating color that you can’t say no to, just like a red velvet cupcake.” — Lead Manicurist Deborah Lippmann, Founder and Creative Director
Get The Nail Look:
Step 1: Deborah contoured natural nails into a short, rounded shape using her Smooth Operator 4-Way Nail Buffer.
Step 2: To prep the nail plate, she exfoliated the cuticle using her signature Cuticle Remover and then cleansed the nails with her 2-Second Nail Primer prior to base coat application.
Step 3: For the base, Deborah applied a coat of the NEW All About That Base CC base coat to create a smooth, matte surface.
Step 4: Deborah applied one coat of Knock On Wood (Barneys NY Exclusive Collection), a warm brown crème. Then, she layered over top of it one coat of My Old Flame, a classic true red, waiting 2 minutes between each coat.
Step 5: After waiting 2 minutes to dry, one coat of Gel Lab Top Coat was applied to seal the nails and prevent chipping. The NEW The Wait Is Over quick dry drops were added as a finishing touch to ensure faster drying time and a flawless finish.
Step 6: Hands and cuticles were massaged with Rich Girl SPF 25 Hand Cream and The Cure nourishing cuticle repair cream, respectively, for complete hydration.
· deborah lippmann All About That Base (NEW February 2015) - $20
· deborah lippmann The Wait Is Over (NEW February 2015) - $20
· deborah lippmann Knock On Wood Nail Lacquer (Barneys NY Exclusive Collection) - $24
· deborah lippmann My Old Flame Nail Lacquer - $18
· deborah lippmann Smooth Operator - $12
· deborah lippmann Cuticle Remover - $20
· deborah lippmann 2-Second Nail Primer - $14
· deborah lippmann Gel Lab Base Coat & Top Coat (sold as a set) - $45
· deborah lippmann The Cure - $24
· deborah lippmann Rich Girl SPF 25 Hand Cream - $28
Product Availability: www.deborahlippmann.com, Barneys New York, Bloomingdale’s, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Sephora doors nationwide